Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Everytime I go to the store and see how many plastic bags I use I cringe a little inside. So today in honor of Earth day I finally broke down and bought some re-useable grocery bags. There's a coupon in the Albertson's add this week where you can get up to 6 bags for a whopping 59 cents each. $3 and some change is worth the good feeling I will now have in my heart when I can refuse those Earth-eating plastic poisonous bags!!!!


Now, I don't claim to be a tree hugger, but would like to do my part here and there. If I could stand to use re-useable cloth diapers...I would. But I'm not quite that dedicated. I have changed my light bulbs to the energy effecient ones. If each of us do a little...we can make the world a better place....I feel a song coming on!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so proud of you! I too feel that I should get some of those reusable bags, but the cheapskate in me can't bring myself to pa $2 for one. I need that coupon! Luckily local stores also recycle old plastic bags!

emily j said...

Did you watch Oprah last Wednesday? I ask because they were talking all about reusable bags. And I'm pretty much an expert about it now because I was there!! I finally got tickets to Oprah! I'll have to tell you about it sometime...