Saturday, September 17, 2011

This one's for you Coil!

I know nobody reads this...and why should they? It's been almost a year since this baby has gotten any action. Call me a slacker! I'm okay with that. Just thought I'd update my blog about my life for the one person who will read this (and you know who you are)!

This last year I spent transforming a lot of things about myself. I decided last fall that I wanted to join the Coast Guard reserves! I know, pretty random. So I lost a ton of weight, made it through the drama that is MEPS, interviewed in Alameda, CA. AND...didn't get in. No biggy, I'll try again next year. So in the meantime I decided to do something that I NEVER thought I'd ever do and that is to run a marathon. I've been training for the last few months and will run the Long Beach Marathon Oct. 9. I think I'm ready! I had a 21 mile run a few weeks ago and I DID IT! So what's 5 more...I got this! I've also been feeling like I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I feel that I'm done having kids (cross my fingers)! So I guess that's the next step. I enjoy my children and love the rare moments here and there when they all get along....of course those moments are followed by long moments of fighting, yelling, and whining. Such is life.

Hmm.....anything else interesting? Well, Sydney, my now 1 1/2 year old broke her little arm yesterday by falling off the Tramp...poor little thing. Cameron, my 5 year old started Kindergarten and is in the same Chinese immersion program that Alyssa is in. It's fun to see them use Chinese words back and forth. And here I am with just 2 kids home and only one in diapers....WOW, what to do with all the free time!!!!!

The wrinkles are coming in fast and furious along with the gray hairs and life just keeps on ticking by whether I blog about it or not! Hope all is well with my few friends in cyberspace who may read this. OUT!

7 comments:

teviawall said...

I read your blog. I sit here waiting an waiting to hear about what you are up to. I guess I could email. I think I am the last person on the planet that doesn't use facebook. Such is life. :)

Glad to hear you are doing so well. My mom said she saw you up in lakeside awhile back. We are headed up there soon for Quentin's new twins blessings. that should be cool!

anyhoooo, glad you posted something. Sorry your little one got a broken arm. that sucks.

emily j said...

Hey I read your blog!!! I'll see you in a few weeks!!

Elizabeth said...

haha- I left my comment on the wrong posting- it's on the one with your video-I'm a dork!!! But I do read your blog :)

Amanda said...

Holy Moly! Good for you with the marathon! That is amazing. Good luck. I cannot wait to hear all about it. Say hello to the ocean for me!

Shay said...

Wait, let me pick myself up off the floor!!! What happened to you? Big decisions...marathon...Coast guard...no more babies...and back to the blogging world. I would like to think I had something to with some of this, well, the blogging part at least. I certainly deserve chastisement that this post has been up for FOUR days and I'm just now commenting. (Hey, I'm in Ohio babysitting so give the old woman a break) Way to go Rachel!!! Oh, and not to be picky, but pictures are always a nice touch to the blog!!!

Coil Fam said...

So I guess that was pretty dumb, that was not a comment from
Shay, it was me.

Momonine said...

Don't count us out! We read and love it! More please. . .