Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cameron doesn't want to grow up!



So...this is Cameron....this is how he looks most of the time, with blanky and paci in tow. The Blanky was actually Brian's blanket when he was a baby. His now 40-something year old sister made it for him with some friends of hers when she was 14 and brian was a new baby. It is just falling apart...but Cameron loves it anyway. Yesterday I tried to be a strong mother and told him he could only have his pacifier when he was taking a nap or at night time...he opted for a nap right away in the morning and slept for about four hours...then when he woke up and I took it away he wanted to go back to sleep-so that he could still have it. He'd spend the whole day in bed if he had to to get that paci! I held off for a couple hours and he just cried and cried....I couldn't take those big brown eyes filled with tears anymore, so gave in. He's back to his happy place! How do I get rid of that thing?!

4 comments:

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

awww! I could never resist those eyes when they were on Brian, and could never now either.

Cameron's still a baby. Isn't he????

Unknown said...

I would say don't worry about it, too. But if you are truly determined, I have heard if you make a small snip at the tip it doesn't have the same "effect" and they loose interest.

I heard you were sick... Are you okay?

talonandanna said...

this is a familiar site. i could copy and paste trey into this photo and it would be the same. :) almost makes me wish i had a paci and a blankie. we haven't done much with trying to to take away either.... and he'll be three in june. c you today at play group?

Degns Of Our Lives said...

That's what I need to know. My Mia never used a paci but Tanner is obsessed!!! He goes everywhere with it (if we forget to bring it along--we are very sorry) and he HAS TO sleep with it. He's only 14 months so I figure we'll give him a little longer but when is it too long? AAAHHHH!